‘Sikkim is gifted with natural, pristine and picturesque landscapes whose beauty is beyond words!’
The Charismatic Gangtok!!
Nestled in mountains & perched at an elevation of 1650m, Gangtok is the capital city of Sikkim. Festooned with foggy hills, gushing waterfalls, and sparkling streams, Gangtok is dreamland destination for nature lovers.
‘Ample of beauty-It will be an amazing experience to explore this heaven!’
How Can You Reach Baba Mandir?
Nearest Airports- Bagdogra Airport and Pakyong Airport
Nearest Railheads- New Jalpaiguri Railway Station and Siliguri Junction, both are located near to Siliguri town.
Avail the most reliable tour and travel agency in Siliguri for your extraordinary Sikkim trip!
It must be noted that out of all places to visit in Gangtok, Baba Mandir is the most iconic place for a spiritual tour.
The Temple with Healing Powers!!
Located between Nathula and Jelepla pass, Baba Harbhajan Singh Temple is popularly known as Baba Mandir. Over the years it has become a serene place of pilgrimage. Inside the temple, you will find-
- A large photo of turbaned Harbhajan Singh which is worshipped.
- On one side of the temple, there is Harbhajan Sing’s Office for carrying out the daily work.
- Next to it is his dining place and a room with his bed, shoes, and uniform.
- There is a souvenir shop from where you can buy many things to take back home.
Did you know tourists who come here leave their water bottles for a few days and collect it later with a belief that by drinking that water all the wishes come true!
The Rare History It Holds!!
The past lies behind this temple will give you goosebumps!
Have a look at below-
- Harbhajan Singh, a Sentry of Punjab Regiment was posted as a part of border patrol army force.
- He was escorting a mule during his battle.
- Suddenly he slipped & lost his balance, which resulted in him falling into fast flowing water and drowned due to strong currents.
- The death news of him was confirmed but his body was not yet been found.
- After a few days, a fellow army had a dream in which Baba himself informed him about the location of his body.
- And the body was found at the same exact place.
Moreover, Baba appeared in his colleague’s dream frequently and warned them about future dangers. After that, the army decided to build a shrine to honor sepoy Harbhajan Singh to feel his aura and presence!