Spread in colorful ribbons over a steep mountain ridge, Darjeeling is among the best hill stations in India.
Darjeeling- ‘Abode of Scenic Beauty’
Perched at an elevation of 6,700 ft., Darjeeling is one of the most preferred holiday destinations in North-Bengal across the country. Nature has bestowed this endearing hill town with the abundance of glorious features like striking sunrise viewpoint, magnificent mountain views, lush greenery of tea plantations and a profuse species of flora & fauna. So, don’t waste time and get ready for your next trip to Darjeeling.
The Beauty of Darjeeling in Different Seasons!!
Here’s a detailed guide on the climate of Darjeeling all through the year, the best time to visit and things to do in Darjeeling during each season-
1. Darjeeling in summer (March to May)-
It is the best time to visit Darjeeling. The temperature is cool and pleasant, ranging from 18◦to 25◦C. The climate is at its best during these months and offers a range of stunning natural sights to enjoy and many opportunities for outdoor activities.
What to do during the summer!!
- Get a glimpse of spectacular sunrise on Tiger Hill and witness the beauty of Kanchenjunga.
- Enjoy the Toy-Train Ride.
- Visit Barbotey Rock Garden with a little waterfall.
- May is the tea picking season and this estate will give you the rare experience of tea picking and tea making.
2. Darjeeling in monsoon (June to September)-
Rains have constantly happened during monsoon season. As a result of exploring outdoor activities or sightseeing may not be as ideal as it would be in summer. But if you are on a romantic date, then this season is the perfect time to hang out. The roads and streets are covered in the blanket of white misty fog.
What to do during monsoon!!
- Explore the enchanting Peace Pagoda, the holiest Buddhist temple in Darjeeling.
- Visit the oldest monastery, Ghoom Monastery.
- During autumn, you can enjoy your quiet solitude while watching rain pouring down the green landscape.
3. Darjeeling in autumn (October to November)-
Autumn in Darjeeling arrives with a heavenly delight. During this time, the temperature starts to cool down, sometimes dropping to 6◦C.
What to do during autumn!!
- Explore the River rafting in Teesta River.
- Enjoy rock climbing in Himalayan Mountaineering Institute.
- Go for mountain biking to Chatakpur or across Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary.
4. Darjeeling in winter (December to February)-
Winter covers Darjeeling in the sheer cold. The temperature can drop to 2◦C to even 0◦C. Winter time can be a harsh time for even the local people of Darjeeling as well as for the tourists.
What to Do During Winter!!
- Trek to t Sandakphu Trek, the highest point in West Bengal and watch the glamour of snow-covered mountains as well as green valleys.
- Enjoy the delicious momos made by locals and keep warm and fuzzy.
- Trek to Mahakal Temple to enjoy panoramic vistas from the temple.
- Go walking along the center of the town to truly experience the magic of the holidays in this hill station.
- Get a great shopping experience buying affordable woolens in Bhutia Market of Darjeeling.
Whether it is winter, monsoon, or summer, the majestic beauty of Darjeeling always allures your mind.
Q. What is the nearest airport of Darjeeling?
A. The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport which is 69.5 km away from Darjeeling.
Q. What are the most enthralling activities in Darjeeling?
A. The most thrilling adventure sports in Darjeeling are Paragliding, Trekking, River-Rafting, Kayaking etc.
Q. What are the popular festivals in Darjeeling?
A. Darjeeling is famous for numerous festivals such as Maghe Sankranti, Losar, Cho Nao Chopa etc.