The main objective of cleaning is not just to clean your city, but giving you the feeling of happiness by living within that environment.
Sikkim- ‘Most precious gem in India’
Sikkim, a beautiful hill state in Northeast India, is located at an elevation of 8,586m. Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, pristine lakes, sparkling rivers, serene monasteries, and holy temples, Sikkim is an absolute paradise for the nature lovers. Your tour to Sikkim gives you the feeling of taking you out of the world.
The Journey of becoming Cleanest State in India-
Sikkim, the smallest but most beautiful state in the North Eastern part of India sets an example to other states of India by becoming “The Cleanest State” in India. How? The answer is going to be very simple. It is combined effort of the state government and the local people who made this possible-
- No one here uses plastics.
- No one smokes in public places.
- No one urinates in the open area.
- No one makes the road dirty by the wastes.
- Everyone use dustbins placed in every corner of the road of Sikkim state.
- People maintain the rule ordered by the State Government very cautiously.
- Banned the use of dangerous chemicals and harmful acid in the land for cultivations.
- Urinating in a public place could cost a resident Rs 500; the penalty for smoking in public places is Rs 200. These strict rules make this state cleaner.
Ranking of the states in India on the basis of Cleanliness-
The results of Swachhta survey was released on 8th September 2016 by Union Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar in New Delhi. The ranking of cleanest states is given on the basis of percentage of households having sanitary toilets and using them-
- Sikkim holds the 1st position
- Kerala- 2nd position
- Mizoram- 3rd position
- Himachal Pradesh- 4th position
- Nagaland – 5th position
Why Sikkim holds the 1st rank in India as the cleanest state?
Sikkim along with its four districts West Sikkim, East Sikkim, South Sikkim, and North Sikkim have been ranked among the top 10 districts of the country at the levels of cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitation. As per the report-
- This quaint state scored the highest ranking of 98.2 percent on the basis of having sanitary toilets.
- All 6, 10,577 inhabitants in Sikkim have latrines with hygienic environments.
- Sikkim encompasses 7,096 sq km of total area of sanitation which clearly indicates the cleanliness of this state.
Want to get a glimpse of the beauty of Sikkim?
If yes, don’t waste your time anymore by thinking about it. Make a plan to tour throughout the Sikkim with Family. The easiest way to reach Sikkim is via Siliguri, a quaint city in North Bengal which serves as the gateway to visit its nearby destinations. With the guidance of best travel agency in Siliguri, you can explore the actual beauty of Sikkim along with its sightseeing places.
Q. What is the best time to visit Sikkim?
A. The best time-period to visit Sikkim is from March to May and October to December.
Q. What are the most astonishing places to explore in Sikkim?
A. Sikkim is a hub of many charming places. Some of them are Tsomgo Lake, Nathula Pass, Ravangla, Lachung, Lachen and Yumthang Valley, Zuluk etc.
Q. When the new Pakyong Airport will be functional?
A. Pakyong Airport is the new airport in Gangtok which will be functional from 8th October 2018. This airport will make your journey to Sikkim easier.