Pelling is the perfect place to break your monotonous life to soak in the beauty of this charming city with your dear ones.
Pelling at a Glance- ‘Most Elegant Part of Sikkim’!!
Nestled in West of Sikkim, Pelling is the most valuable gem and a must visit beautiful hill station for the nature lovers. Located at an altitude of 6800ft., Pelling is famous for its splendid views of the snow-capped Khangchendzonga peak. A perfect description of Pelling is incomplete without mentioning its lush green landscapes, gushing waterfalls and sparkling lakes. From laid-back travelers to adventure seekers, Pelling with its upper sightseeing places caters to all!
How can you reach Pelling?
The easiest way to reach is taking a flight from your town to the nearest airport of Pelling which is Bagdogra Airport. This airport is connected to many cities such as Delhi, Kolkata etc and from the airport; you can opt for Bagdogra airport car rental services from Easter Meadows Tours to reach Pelling.
You can also reach Pelling by the rail track. New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is the nearest railhead at a distance of 152km from Pelling. From the railway station, you will get several hired taxi or shared cabs to reach Pelling.
However, from next month, you can finally fly straight to Sikkim when the Pakyong Airport near Gangtok comes into service which is just 30km away from Gangtok. Budget carrier Spice Jet will operate the first flight from Pakyong airport with a flight from Kolkata on 4 October.
Some old Road facts from Bagdogra to Upper Pelling, you must know-
When you started your trip to Upper Pelling by hiring Bagdogra car rental service, you will come close to numerous unknown facts about the road route that you must know before embarking on the trip. Here, we have entailed detailed information regarding this-
- The first thing which you have faced just after started your trip that is the huge traffic through the town of Siliguri.
- Then you will cross the tiny stream which is called Mahananda.
- After a short drive through a forest, you will get your first view of the Teesta at Sevoke. The mesmerizing scenario of this river along with a wide bridge will take your breath out.
- Then, you have to cross the main river a little before Teesta Bazar, to reach Melli. At Melli, the road crossed into Sikkim. And you will further move on to a check post to prove your identity and to show a paper which gave your address proof. So, you must carry all the necessary documents with you.
- After Melli, the road doubled back along the Teesta until you will reach to the confluence of the Rangit and the Teesta from upstream. This area is like a sandy beach where tents were laid out. Here, you can explore the people camping below. A few of them seemed to be fishing.
- Road conditions in West Bengal are not great, but there’s always a tarred surface. Soon after you will enter Sikkim, the road became much worse. In the 26 kilometers from Melli Bazaar to Jorethang, seat belts will not enough to anchor you in your seats.
- Then, you will embark on another 25 kilometers of bad roads up to Legship. At places, there was only a mud track indicating where the highway should be.
- At Legship, you have to climb up to the district town of Geyzing and then to Pelling. We can assure you, that the last 24 Kms will be much easier.
Total Distance from Bagdogra Airport to Upper Pelling- Approx 132.9 km
Q. What are the most stunning places to explore in Upper Pelling?
A. The most stunning places in Upper Pelling that you should not miss are Sangachoeling Monastery, Rimbi Waterfall, Pemayangtse Monastery, and Tashiding Monastery.
Q. Where will we get the mouthwatering foods in Pelling?
A. There are many restaurants in Pelling where you will get the mouthwatering cuisines. Cloves Indian Resto, Haldi Resto, Havmor Restaurant, Garuda Lodge and Restaurant etc are the name of some popular restaurants in Pelling.