Get a Glance of the Charming Beauty of Sikkim in Different Seasons
Posted On August 1, 2018
Nestled amid the lap of the charming Himalayas, eye-catching terrain, pristine lakes, green forests, and glittering rivers, Sikkim is an absolute perfect destination for all seasons. It is the place where mountains sing lore of legend. It boasts about places to bask in the warm sun, temples that offer peace of mind, rich culture that melts the heart and off beaten trails with such beauty that cannot be compared. Nowadays, tourists initiated on an expedition of the state uncover a symbolic kingdom of amaze ball natural grandeur. The sweeping excellence of the white snow covered the Himalayas; the intoxicating fragrance of flower-embellish grassland, the sprightly tradition and wonderful festivals, the boundless diversity of its wildlife form its once fascinating and challenging vacation.
The beauty of Sikkim differs according to the varied seasons-
Sikkim feels pleasant and interesting weather through the five types of seasons such as summer, winter, spring, autumn, and monsoon. Here we have mentioned the detailed information about the beauty as well as the specialty of Sikkim according to the various seasons:
1. Spring (March and April)-
The highlighted points about spring season in Sikkim:
- Average temperature– Max: 20°C, Minimum: 11°C.
- March marks the start of spring in the state.
- It is a good time for adventure activities.
- Primula flowering takes place at Changu Lake and Nathula La.
- Fresh rhododendrons and other flowers bloom.
- Lakes are no more frozen.
- Good time to visit Yumthang Valley.
2. Summer (April to June)-
The highlighted points about summer season in Sikkim:
- Average temperature- Max: 22°C, Minimum: 13°C.
- It is the perfect time to visit waterfalls.
- The ideal time for bird watching.
- You can witness the flowering at Changu Lake, Kupup, Nathula and North Sikkim at this season.
- The birth anniversary of Nepali poet Bhanubhakta Acharya is celebrated all over the state during this season.
3. Monsoon (June to September)-
The highlighted points about monsoon season in Sikkim:
- Average temperature- Max: 16°C, Minimum: 1.5°C.
- June marks the start of the monsoon.
- Heavy rainfall i.e. approx 600 mm of rainfall takes place during this season.
- Drukpa Tashi that celebrates Buddha’s first teaching of the four principles falls in this month and is celebrated amidst much show.
4. Autumn (September to November)-
The highlighted points about the autumn season in Sikkim:
- Average temperature– Max: 16°C, Min: 10 °C.
- It is a good time for adventure activities.
- The Pang Lhabsol Festival, which is dedicated to worshipping Mt. Kanchenjunga, is celebrated with much fanfare.
- It is the season for cherry blossom.
- At this time the sky is clear, so you can explore beautiful views of magnificent mountain ranges.
- Lhabab Duchen, which celebrates Buddha’s descend from heaven to earth is also celebrated all over the state in these months.
5. Winter (December to February) – the season of magnificent snowfall in Sikkim-
Winter is the ultimate season to explore the magnificent beauty of snowfall in Sikkim. Snowfall is the most enjoyable things in Sikkim and during this time, the whole area covers with cotton white and frizzy snow. The whole state looks just like a white paradise in the winter season.
The highlighted points about winter season in Sikkim:
- Average temperature– Max: 7°C, Min: 4°C.
- A perfect destination to ring in the New Year.
- A mela is organized on the river bank in Jorethang on the occasion of Maghe Sankranti.
- Perfect time to visit the entire state except for high altitude areas.
- This season has the least rainfall.
- Lossong festival is celebrated all over the state during this time.
- It is the ideal time for all the annual dance festivals, organized in the monasteries.
Now, the name of the places where you can see the snowfall in Sikkim-
There are numerous places you can see the snowfall in Sikkim in the winter season such as-
- Zero Point
- Yumthang Valley
- Gurudongmar Lake
- Old Baba Mandir
- Lachen Village
- Chopta valley
Choose the most reliable tour operators for your Sikkim Tour-
If you want to the witness the majestic charm of jaw-dropping snowfall as well as the glooming flowering in the valleys in Sikkim, you should choose most reliable tour operators in Siliguri for your convenient trip to Sikkim. Eastern Meadows Tours, one of the best tours and travels in Siliguri will provide you the most comfortable as well as an organized trip at a budget-friendly rate. So, don’t think twice before choosing us!
Q. Is there any festival organized in Sikkim during the December month?
A. Yes, Mangan music festival is held from 12th to 14th December in every year.
Q. What types of adventure activity can be done during the spring season?
A. You can enjoy many adventure activities during the spring season such as Paragliding, River-Rafting, Trekking etc.
Q. What types of clothes should we pack for Sikkim tour in winter months?
A. Here is a list of clothes that you should pack for Sikkim tour in winter months-
- Thermal inner wear
- Full sleeve sweater
- Heavy full jacket
- Wind cheater
- Extra pair of socks
- Woolen cap
- A good pair of woolen gloves